Sunday, May 30, 2010

Someone's Junk is Another's Treasure!!

Going home lately is always fun, sure its not the same because everything is changing including my purple bedroom being re-painted to a neutral tone.  But in addition due to my mom getting the house ready to sell I find all my treasures I had growing up.  I found my favorite toy of all time, the toy that inspired me.... that's right my Dental Barbie.  It had everything, including a suction, a cup to spit in and a water syringe along with a light, hand mirror, kids crest tooth paste, a clipboard and charts showing nutrition and tooth development.  Ok call me a huge nerd but it even had a little patient bib, how cute is that?  If you don't believe me this may seal the deal, the Barbie even talked to make noises for the suction and water and at the end it said, "Great Check Up."  This will definitely be making the trip across the country with me.  

I also found my pillow I had growing up, froggy.  The problem is, I do not know what to do with this stuff.  I do not want to get rid of my toys but at the same time I do not want to hull it across the country either.  I always thought all of this stuff would stay at my parent's house until I had a home of my own or a family of my own that I could eventually share with them.  I guess my mom moving changes all of that.


  Luckily I had all of these toys to distract me because I got the worst sunburn.  Its amazing how a cold shower and aloe vera makes it all feel better.  Lesson learned, reapply sunscreen after being in the water all day.  To top it off now its a running joke in my family how I am going to be deported when I move to Arizona, or how I could be the adopted child from Mexico when we take our family pictures for my sister's wedding.  My sister took this picture to illustrate that.


Oh well, I can't help it, I love the sun!!

2 comments:

  1. You really are my little Puerto Rican sister. You need to buy a house so you can store all your stuff for your future family.

    ReplyDelete